Sunday, April 8, 2012

Flirtatious Easter Basket


I wanted to cover this plain little basket with some SU! material and found that it was quite easy...I put the basket on the material, pulled and bunched it up like I was going to wrap it and judged about 2" extra and cut it. Then I trimmed up nice, folded it over about an 1 1/2", sewed all around and left about a 2" gap, and put some elastic in it for the ruffle. The handle is a 2" strip of material doubled the length of what I wanted the handle to be and sewn up with a pipe cleaner in it. Then I bunched and twisted the material around the pipe cleaner to give it that look, I ended up hot gluing it to the basket. Also, hot glued on some buttons. Tomorrow I'll show how I made the big button with brad...gotta finish Easter dinner and head out. I wish everybody a wonderful and happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment